Return To Event
|Judge Name:||Bill Walkey|
|Location:||British Columbia, Canada|
|Types of Shows:||Conformation|
|Type of Breeds|
|CDJA Website Biography||http://www.dogjudge.com/index.php/site/member_bio/billwalkey/|
|My home is in the beautiful province of British Columbia, Canada. By profession, I am a computer graphic designer and I have always enjoyed form and function and balanced design, either in nature, or in artistic presentation.
I started out in the purebred dog world showing Yorkshire Terriers in 1968. From there I went to Bullmastiffs and thus became very interested in showing and judging. I spent over 30 years under the "Shayla" prefix breeding and showing Bullmastiffs. I bred the first Bullmastiff to win both the Canadian National Specialty and the American National Specialty in the same year. In my time with the Bullmastiffs, I had many BISS.
I published three books on the Bullmastiff breed, the first of which was the first of its kind for 60 years, and the second one was top selling book on Bullmastiffs in the world. My recent new third version completes the trilogy.
I have been involved in breeding and showing Yorkshire Terriers, Bullmastiffs, Belgian Laekenois, Border Terriers and WH Dachshund in North America, plus earth dog work with Border Terriers and WH Dachshund in Australia, U.S.A. and Canada.
I have judged for over 35 years in many countries including Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Malta, England, Wales, Australia, New Zealand, U.S.A. and of course, Canada. I am a Life Member of the Canadian Kennel Club, member of the Canadian Dog Judges Association, plus a licensed conformation judge in Australia, including my qualification as a Master Earth Dog Judge as a member of the Australian National Kennel Council. For a while I lived in Australia and while there was honoured to be made Patron of the Bullmastiff Club of Western Australia In my five years in Australia, I judged many times in all of the Australian States and multiple times in New Zealand.
|Dog Name||GChS Chriscendo Chasing Rainbows|
|Handler||Colleen Franks & Nicole Simpson|
Featured LinksThe Canadian Kennel Club
- The Canadian Kennel Club (CKC) is the primary registry body for purebred dogs in Canada and currently recognizes 187 breeds.
- Considering purchasing a purebred dog? The Puppy List is an easy-to-use searchable database that includes contact information for CKC Member Breeders.
- Adding a new member to your family can be an exciting and patience-trying experience. Before contacting potential breeders, visit CKC’s Finding an Accountable Breeder page for a list of key tips to help you find the right breeder for you.
- Barry Truax's Top Dog stats for 1988 - 2007 plus Terriers up to 2017.
- Contact the CDJA to offer Ringside Mentoring & Breed Presentations
- A Canada wide initiative by dedicated enthusiasts, designed to promote the benefits of purebred dog ownership.
Did you know
- So far today Canuck Dogs has had 1,306 visitors.
- Canuck Dogs receives on average 128,348 visitors a day.
- Last month Canuck Dogs received 2,774,818 visitors.
- Since March 26, 2010, Canuck Dogs received 615,430,586 visitors.