Sonny Tougas National Bursary ~ Canadian Dog Judges Bursary
At the last CDJA AGM in October of 2018, a discussion was raised concerning the Sonny Tougas National Bursary….Aka ‘The Sonny Fund'.
For those who may not be aware, this worthy Fund was started by the late Larry Kereluke in memory of Maurice (Sonny) Tougas following his passing on October 31, 2008. In Larry’s own words this Fund was designed “to aid a young person in their quest to further their education beyond secondary school. While it is within the discretion of the deciding Committee, the intent is to support post-secondary education at the university, college, or technical school level”. Larry was passionate about this Bursary and worked tirelessly to honour his friend for a good cause. But sadly, Larry passed away suddenly on September 9, 2018 and subsequently his family decided to discontinue the annual Bursary.
Former members of the Committee, (specifically Shawn Bennett and Shannon Scheer), approached the CDJA in the hope that it may be continued under its name. Members in attendance at the AGM were very supportive of the concept however it was understood that this had to be brought to the CDJA Board for a final decision.
Following several discussions at the CDJA Executive Meetings, I am pleased to say that this worthy Foundation will continue under the title of the Canadian Dog Judges Bursary. The current format will consist of an annual Bursary of $1000 to be given to a worthy recipient as described in the aforementioned.
Anyone or any Club/Organization interested in donating to this worthy cause should contact our co-ordinator Shawn Bennett OR should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the CDJA Vice President, Barbara Heal at email@example.com.
Sonny Tougas National Bursary Announcemet
|Dog Name||GChS Apsolutely Red Red Whine|
|Owner||Shirley M. Clark|
Featured LinksThe Canadian Kennel Club
- The Canadian Kennel Club (CKC) is the primary registry body for purebred dogs in Canada and currently recognizes 187 breeds.
- Considering purchasing a purebred dog? The Puppy List is an easy-to-use searchable database that includes contact information for CKC Member Breeders.
- Adding a new member to your family can be an exciting and patience-trying experience. Before contacting potential breeders, visit CKC’s Finding an Accountable Breeder page for a list of key tips to help you find the right breeder for you.
- Barry Truax's Top Dog stats for 1988 - 2007 plus Terriers up to 2017.
- Contact the CDJA to offer Ringside Mentoring & Breed Presentations
- A Canada wide initiative by dedicated enthusiasts, designed to promote the benefits of purebred dog ownership.
Did you know
- So far today Canuck Dogs has had 6,927 visitors.
- Canuck Dogs receives on average 129,004 visitors a day.
- Last month Canuck Dogs received 1,663,181 visitors.
- Since March 26, 2010, Canuck Dogs received 609,928,734 visitors.